Ishaka Adventist Hospital was founded in 1949 and was officially commissioned in 1950. Since its inception, it has been a leading health care provider in greater Bushenyi district and beyond.
The Hospital is located on top of a hill called Kyeshero also known as Nchwanga in a rural town called Ishaka currently Bushenyi - Ishaka Municipal Council, along Mbarara-Kasese main road at a junction to Rukungiri/ Kabale and Kasese towns (now Municipalities); a distance of 350 km from the Capital City of Kampala.
Currently, the Hospital has a capacity of 120 beds at any one time and mostly serves the rural poor communities of Bushenyi, Sheema, Rubirizi, Mitooma, Buhweju, Kasese and Ntungamo districts. Income level of target population is the bottom 20%, 20-60% (lower to lower-middle). The hospital also has a Male ward, Female ward Maternity ward, Maternal Child Health (MCH) Services, Radiology Services, Dental Care services, a Lifestyle and Wellness Centre, Laboratory Services, Chaplaincy department and HIV Clinic that provide comprehensive services.
The hospital also has two Medical Training Schools; School of Allied Health Sciences and School of Nursing and Midwifery with in its premises and the community-based health delivery organization, Ishaka Health Plan.
Other sister institutions on the hill include :-
Ishaka Adventist Hospital Envisions itself as a leading Healthcare provider and training institutions of choice in Uganda.
Ishaka Adventist Hospital exits “To provide Christ centered health care to all; to improve the quality of life by caring for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our clients; and to provide excellent Christian training in health care. As a Seventh-day Adventist Health Care and Training Institutions, we strive to share God’s love in a caring environment to our patients, employees and community”.